Contains the active ingredient: Cefuroxime is a type of antibiotic known as cephalosporin. It works by interfering with the formation of the bacterial cell walls. Cefuroxime impairs the bonds that hold the bacterial cell wall together, which allows holes to appear in the cell walls. This kills off the bacteria causing the infection.
What is it used for?
Cefuroxime is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat various types of bacterial infection, such as
- Bacterial infections of the upper airways, including nasal passages and sinuses (respiratory tract).
- Bacterial infections of the lungs, eg bronchitis.
- Bacterial infections of the middle ear (otitis media).
- Bacterial infections of the urinary tract.
- Bacterial infections of the kidney (pyelonephritis).
- Gonorrhoea (unlicensed use).
- More serious infections like septicaemia may be treated with cefuroxime injections.
- a surgical procedure in hospital you may be given cefuroxime injections to help prevent infection.
Size : 10 x 10's = 100 tablets / box