Contains the active ingredient: Cefixime, which is a type of medicine called an antibiotic. Cefixime is a type of antibiotic called a cephalosporin. These antibiotics are related to penicillin. Cefixime is used to treat infections wih bacteria.
Cefixime works by interfering with the ability of bacteria to form cell walls. The cell walls of bacteria are vital for their survival. They keep unwanted substances from entering their cells and stop the contents of their cells from leaking out. Cefixime impairs the bonds that hold the bacterial cell wall together. This allows holes to appear in the cell walls and kills the bacteria.
Cefixime is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that kills a wide variety of bacteria that cause a wide variety of commonly-occuring infections. Cefixime is given by mouth to treat infections of the upper and lower airways and ears. It may also be used to treat urinary tract infections.
What is it used for?
- Bacterial infections of the upper airways, including nasal passages and sinuses (respiratory tract).
- Bacterial infections of the lungs, eg bronchitis.
- Bacterial infections of the middle ear (otitis media).
- Bacterial infections of the urinary tract.
- Bacterial infections of the kidney (pyelonephritis).
- Gonorrhoea (unlicensed use).
Size : 10 x 10's = 100 tablets / box