Contains the active ingredient : Gentamicin Sulphate (equiv to Gentamicin base) 0.1%
Gentamicin works by affecting the bacteria's production of certain proteins that are necessary for their survival. It causes the bacteria to produce abnormal and faulty proteins. This ultimately kills the bacteria and clears up the infection.
What is it used for?
- Eczema of various types.
- Skin inflammation due to allergies or irritants (allergic contact dermatitis or irritant contact dermatitis).
- Inflammatory skin condition with greasy, red and scaly areas (seborrhoeic dermatitis).
- Thickened skin rash caused by excessive scratching to relieve itching (neurodermatitis, eg lichen simplex).
- An eruption of hard nodules in the skin accompanied by intense itching (prurigo nodularis).
- Skin disorder causing a flat, itchy, violet rash, usually on the wrists, shins, lower back and genitals (lichen planus).
- Inflammatory skin disease known as discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE).
- Intense and widespread reddening of the skin (generalised erythroderma) in combination with oral or injected corticosteroids.
English instruction inside the box.