O-Sid 20 mg
3 or more : $20.99 6 or more : $19.99 12 or more : $18.99
- Brand: Siam Bheasach
- Product Code: SP_OS20
- Availability: In Stock
Contain the active ingredient : Omeprazole which is a type of medicine called a proton pump inhibitor. Proton pumps are found on cells that line the stomach and are used by these cells to produce stomach acid. Omeprazole works by inhibiting the action of the proton pumps and this reduces the production of stomach acid.
By reducing the amount of acid in the stomach omeprazole helps relieve indigestion symptoms caused by excess stomach acid. It stops excess acid flowing back into the foodpipe and so relieves painful heartburn symptoms associated with acid reflux. It also allows the foodpipe (oesophagus) to heal if it has been damaged by the acid.
What is it used for?
- Relieving indigestion and heartburn related to excess production of stomach acid.
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux).
- Treating stomach and intestinal ulcers (peptic ulcers).
- Eradicating the bacteria in the gut (Helicobacter pylori) that cause peptic ulcers (in combination with antibiotics).
- Preventing, treating and relieving symptoms of peptic ulcers or erosions associated with anti-inflammatory painkillers called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), eg ibuprofen, diclofenac.
- Reducing excessive secretion of stomach acid due to a tumour or enlargement of the pancreas (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome).
- Preventing inhalation of acid from the stomach (acid aspiration) while under general anaesthetic.
- Following endoscopic treatment of severe bleeding from a peptic ulcer, omeprazole may be given via a drip into a vein to reduce the risk of further bleeding from the ulcer and the need for surgery. This is an unlicensed use of omeprazole.
English instruction leaflet inside the box.
Size : 14 tablets / box