Contains the antifungal medicine : Clotrimazole. which kills fungi and yeasts by interfering with their cell membranes. It works by stopping the fungi from producing a substance called ergosterol, which is an essential component of fungal cell membranes. The disruption in production of ergosterol causes holes to appear in the fungal cell membrane.
The cell membranes of fungi are vital for their survival. They keep unwanted substances from entering the cells and stop the contents of the cells from leaking out. By causing holes to appear in the cell membranes, clotrimazole allows essential constituents of the fungal cells to leak out. This kills the fungi and treats the infection.
What is it used for?
- Treating skin infections caused by yeasts (eg Candida), dermatophytes (eg Trichophyton, Tinea), moulds and other fungi, such as the following:
- Athlete's foot (tinea pedis).
- Fungal infection of the groin, ie jock itch (tinea cruris).
- Ringworm (tinea corporis).
- Fungal nappy rash caused by infection with Candida albicans.
- Sweat rash caused by infection with Candida albicans.
- Relieving the external symptoms (candidal vulvitis) of vaginal thrush (candidal vaginitis). (This cream should be used in combination with another medicine that treats the infection inside your vagina - ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice about which products to use.)
- Inflammation of the penis and/or foreskin (candidal balanitis) caused by infection with Candida albicans (also known as thrush).
Size : 30 ml / bottle