Contain the active ingredient : Diclofenac Na which is a type of medicine called a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
Diclofenac works by blocking the action of a substance in the body called cyclo-oxygenase (COX). COX is involved in the production of various chemicals in the body, some of which are known as prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are produced by the body in response to injury and certain diseases and conditions, and cause pain, swelling and inflammation. Diclofenac blocks the production of these prostaglandins and this reduces inflammation and pain.
Diclofenac will start to relieve pain and inflammation after a single dose, but its anti-inflammatory effect builds up over a few weeks of taking it regularly.
What is it used for?
Diclofenac can be used to relieve pain and inflammation in a wide range of conditions, including the following:
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- A form of arthritis affecting the joints of the spine (ankylosing spondylitis).
- Chronic juvenile arthritis.
- Acute gout.
- Acute disorders of the muscles and skeleton, such as frozen shoulder (periarthritis), tendon inflammation (tendinitis), tennis elbow, tenosynovitis, bursitis.
- Painful conditions due to accidents, such as sprains, strains, dislocations, fractures.
- Lower back pain.
- Pain and inflammation following dental, orthopaedic (bone) and other minor surgery.
Size : 10 tablets / box
English instruction leaflet inside the box.