Contains the active ingredient : Naproxen Na 275 mg (equiv to Naproxen 250 mg) is a type of medicine called a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
It works by stopping an enzyme in the body called
cyclo-oxygenase (COX) from working.
If you have an injury, or a condition like arthritis, the COX in your body normally makes substances called prostaglandins. Prostaglandins cause pain, swelling and inflammation. Naproxen stops COX from making these prostaglandins and so reduces inflammation and pain.
It is good for relieving
period pain because it reduces the production of the prostaglandins that
are involved in making the womb contract during your period.
It will start to relieve pain and inflammation after a single dose, but its anti-inflammatory effect will continue to build up over a few weeks of taking it regularly.
What is it used for?
It is prescribed to relieve pain and inflammation in the following conditions:
● Rheumatoid arthritis
● A form of arthritis affecting the joints of the spine (ankylosing spondylitis)
● Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
● Acute gout
● Muscle and joint injuries or inflammation, such as frozen shoulder (periarthritis), tendon inflammation (tendinitis), tennis elbow, bursitis
● Painful conditions due to accidents, such as sprains, strains, dislocations, fractures
● Back pain
● Neck pain
● Period pain (dysmenorrhoea).