Contains the active ingredient : Amoxicillin which belongs to a group of antibiotics called penicillins. It works by interfering with the ability of bacteria to form cell walls.
The cell walls of bacteria are vital for their survival. They keep unwanted substances from entering their cells and stop the contents of their cells from leaking out. Amoxicillin impairs the bonds that hold the bacterial cell wall together. This allows holes to appear in the cell walls and kills the bacteria.
Amoxicillin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that kills a wide variety of bacteria that cause a wide variety of commonly-occurring infections.
What is it used for?
Amoxicillin is used to treat infections caused by susceptible bacteria, such as the following:
- Chest infections (lungs or lower respiratory tract), eg acute bronchitis, chronic bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Infections of the nasal passages, sinuses or throat (upper respiratory tract infection), eg sinusitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis.
- Infections of the middle ear (otitis media).
- Infections of the urinary tract or kidneys (pyelonephritis).
- Infection of the heart valves and the lining surrounding the heart (bacterial endocarditis).
- Dental abscesses (as addition to surgical management).
- Typhoid and paratyphoid fever.
- Lyme disease.
- Eradicating Helicobacter pylori bacteria from the gut in people with peptic ulcers (in combination with other medicines).
Size : 20 capsules / box
Manufactured by GSK , France